Thursday 9 February 2017

Homemade Vegan Kimchi

Homemade Vegan Kimchi


I N G R E D I E N T

2 lettuce heads
1-2 green onion
1/2 carrot strips
5 garlic cloves
1/2 large onion
2 tbsp Korean Hot Pepper Sauce
2/3 cup red chili flakes
1 tbsp ginger
Water
Salt

I N S T R U C T I O N S

1. In a large bowl, soak the lettuce with salt. Press it down by covering it with a plate. Leave it for 1 hour.
2. Meanwhile, blend together the hot pepper sauce, chili flakes, garlic, ginger, and onion.
3. Once blended, mix it with the sliced strip carrots and chopped green onion.
4. Rinse the lettuce and pour in the blended mixture. Mix them together.
5. Place them into a tight sealed jar. Leave it in a dark, room temperature area for two days. (I also placed the jar into a zipped lock to prevent the smell from coming out. It's recommended but it's optional)
6. After 2 days, place the jar in the refrigerator for another 2 days.

7. Enjoy !
hugs and kisses


No comments :

Post a Comment