Thursday 11 September 2014

Type of Eyeliners and their Pro and Cons || Beauty Bites


Hello Beautiful People !


Have you ever purchased an eyeliner but didn't work well as you expected?
Have you ever walked into a store and did not know which eyeliner you would prefer?

*raise hand* I know I have.

I have been around asking and interviewing some profession asking their opinion on eyeliners. So sit back and relax because I am going to sort out all your doubts and questions. Now there are three major types of eyeliners :


  1. i.  Liquid Eyeliner
  2. ii. Gel Eyeliner 
  3. iii. Pencil Eyeliner


Liquid Eyeliner 

Now, I personally love liquid eyeliner, i think they are fast, easy and does the job. The one I recommend is the Maybelline Masterline liquid eyeliner, which I adore much deeply. However, not everyone's taste is the same so here is what the liquid eyeliner can do :-

  • a. easy to control
  • b. once on, it will not fade out until makeup remover is applied.
  • c. bold
  • d. easy to apply cat eyes
  • e. makes eyelashes looks thicker #bonus

What I would say is a downer for liquid eyeliners is that you cannot do a smoky, smudged eye effect if you are looking for one.

Gel Eyeliners

To be honest, I have tried many gel eyeliners but still could not find what I was looking for, so if you have any recommendations, please do leave a comment or tweet me! Gel eyeliner is said to be a All-in-One thing. Why?

  1. It can do cat eye
  2. It can be smudged and make a smoky effect
  3. It is precised
  4. It is creamy
  5. easy to apply

Foe a great eyeliner like this required lots and lots of practice and good quality gel eyeliner. It is also a tiny bit troublesome to carry it while traveling as you have to squeeze in another angled brush for the eyeliner.

Pencil Eyeliner

This is the most commonly used eyeliner in the beauty industry because


  1. easy to carry
  2. easy to apply and control
  3. easy to find in all make up brands
  4. dry to a long lasting finish
  5. softer look

The only thing I would complain about it is that, if you do not sharpen this bad boy up, you will end up looking like a panda. #nojoke So if you ever decided to buy a pencil eyeliner, make sure you get a sharpener too and sharpen it every time!

I Hope you enjoy this little Beauty Bites ! Stay tone for How to Choose Your Blush According to Skin Tone next really soon !

Hugs and kisses

No comments :

Post a Comment