Monday 13 July 2015

A Day of Dessert


A Day of Dessert 

I am not a huge dessert fan, in fact I probably only have dessert like once a month or only on special occasions. I am just not really a big fan. But a few days ago, I craved something icy and cold since the weather is blooming hot ! I went to the mall and spotted some wonderful healthy (maybe) desserts.



Red Bean paste with Sweet Potato and Yam balls

This dish has a unique twist to the old fashion Red Bean soup. I have a traditional recipe up here, so make sure to check that out. This dish was not overly sweet and the sweet potato and yam balls were really tasty. 


Mango Jade

I am a mango addict. I go crazy for them. This dish was my drug. It had ice on the bottom, freshly squeezed lemon and lime on it, topped with mango puree, mangoes, and a light lemon jelly. To finish the dish off, it has a scoop of 100% mango and lime ice cream. The sweetness of the mango and the sourness of the lemon and lime were absolutely perfectly balanced. I have no words to describe how good this dish was.


Cinnamon Sugar Swirl 

This is a cheeky little treat. It's basically, baked bread with cinnamon and brown sugar. As the bun was still hot, the cinnamon and sugar slowly melts and dissolves. It was utterly good. It was a little too sweet but hey, go big or go home right? 


I am here to remind you that sometimes, desserts are also healthy. It is healthy for the soul to have some indulgent and for you to enjoy food. Allowing yourself to have a treat once in a while is totally okay. It won't ruin your body, it won't destroy your workout plans, and it won't make you gain a ton of weight the next day. Moderation is the key. 

My tip for you is:

1. Ask a friend to come with you when you decide to yolo. 
Having friends around to share a dessert is a good way to not let yourself eat everything on the plate, plus it's much more fun. 

2. Choose something you know the ingredients of. 
Like the mango Jade. I knew what was in it so when I break it down, it's not entirely unhealthy. It's a dessert but it is still not that bad in terms of nutrient. 

3. Don't beat yourself up the next day after your yolo. 
Don't run and extra hour, don't starve, don't restrict and DON'T FEEL GUILTY. We eat nutrient dense food because it is good for the body but we also should eat dessert because it's good for the soul.

hugs and kisses


No comments :

Post a Comment