Sunday 21 February 2016

The Indian Family Kitchen


The Indian Family Kitchen

It was right on time ! I was frustrated because I was desperate to find a vegan burger recipe. Then, with my luck, the delivery man knocked on my door and I received this book !

It's not exactly 100% vegan but mostly they are all plant base.Even for the non-vegans one, I can simple switch the meat product to tofu or any other plan base substitute. The recipes are all very simple, with few ingredient and a lot of spices to flavor them. If spices are something hard for you to get a hold of then it might be a problem, but if you have all the access to spices then this book is worth experimenting with. 

What I love about cookbooks is their pictures because a picture speaks a thousand words, right? the pictures made me crave some curry and some yellow rice. It's beautiful!

As I read through the pages of the cookbook, I found what I was looking for this whole time, a vegan burger ! That was not the only thing that excites me, the recipe was so simple and so easy to make. You literally don't need any expensive gadgets or out of the world ingredients.


Spicy Bean Burger:


I N G R E D I E N T

2 tbsp vegetable oil (any oil you like or water if you prefer)
2 tsp cumin seed
3 scallions, finely sliced
2 garlic, roughly chopped
1 fresh chili, finely chopped
1 tsp paprika
14 oz mix bean, boiled and roughly mashed
2 tbsp cilantro, roughly chopped
2 tbsp chives, roughly chopped
pinch of salt and pepper
4 burger buns

I N S T R U C T I O N S

1. On a hot pan, drizzle water or oil and add in the cumin seed.
2. When they start to sizzle, stir in the scallion, garlic, and chili and allow them to fry for 30 seconds before sprinkling the paprika.
3. Add a little more water, when all of the water has evaporated, pour the mixture into the mashed beans in a large bowl. 
4. Add in the cilantro, chives, salt, and pepper. Then mix them well. 
5. Form a burger shape with the mixture. Pop them in the fridge for 30 minutes of you have time.
6. The original recipe said to grill them on a pan but I find that it's totally okay to bake them in the oven for 20-30 minutes at 400 degrees. 
7. Once done, let them cool before assembling your burger. 


Once again, it's so simple and easy to make. I will definitely be making this in every weekend and at every even in the future. It's simple, easy, and ridiculously delicious.

hugs and kisses


No comments :

Post a Comment