Tuesday 17 March 2015

Clean Slate Cookbook


Clean Slate Cookbook 


I love cookbooks, but I die for good healthy cookbooks with lots of picture. And this book is a promising good read! I am totally all over for it. The recipes are all simple and easy. They are fast but healthy. What more could you ask for? It's a brilliant book and you can tell the author had put in lots of effort into them. Its nicely organized and the pictures are to die for. Seriously, it was a bad thing to read them at midnight.

There's vegan recipes, there's gluten free ones, and there's pescetarian ones. Ahh, I could go on forever. Its a kind of book that you can trust to just flip to any page and have your dinner ready in just minutes with a  promising fine dine. My favorite would probably be the roasted vegetables with quinoa and baked sweet potatoes with vegetables.

This book also contain lots of healthy eating tips and food to keep you up at the game, staying healthy and fit. It taught me that eating healthy doesn't take much but just determination. Healthy eating is really simple, if only one is dedicated and I believe this book can be very educational to people who are interested or are beginning to eating healthy.

Here are some recipes that I hope you enjoy !


Fig and Walnut biscotti


I N G R E D I E N T S

1 3/4 cups whole wheat flour
3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar
2 tsp baking powder
3/4 tsp salt
3/4 anise seeds, chopped
3 large eggs
1 tbsp orange zest
1 cup dried chopped figs
1 cut toasted chopped walnuts

I N S T R U C T I O N S

1. Pre-heat oven to 325 F
2. Whisk together the dry ingredients.
3. In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs till fluffy and downs not fall off your spoon.
4. fold the eggs in the dry ingredients and add the orange zest.
5. Mix in the walnuts and dried figs.
6. Spread the dough on a baking tray and bake them for 25 minutes.
7. Let them cool for 10 minutes and reduce the oven to 300F
8. Slice the logs into 1/2 inch thick and arrange the slices onto a baking sheet.
9. Bake for another 14 minutes, flipping it half way through.

(Make 30)


Farro and Roasted Sweet Potato Salad


I N G R E D I E N T S

2 lb sweet potato
3 garlic cloves
olive oil
salt
pepper
1 cup farro
1 lemon
1/2 cup fresh drill
1/2 cup spicy sprouts

I N S T R U C T I O N S

1 Pre hear oven to 420 F.
2. Slice the sweet potatoes and lay them onto a baking tray with the garlic and drizzle them with olive oil.
3. Season with salt and pepper
4. Roast them for 30 minutes, flipping them once or twice along the way.
5. Place farro in a medium sauce pan and cover with 4 inches of water. Bring it to a boil then reduce them to a simmer until its tender for 30-35 minutes
6. For the dressing, mash 3 garlic cloves with a fork and drizzle it with lemon juice ans zest.
7. Add farro along with sweet potatoes, drill and sprouts and toss to combine.
8. season with salt and pepper.

hugs and kisses



No comments :

Post a Comment