Monday 1 December 2014

Vegan || Healthy Eats


Hello Beautiful People !


If you are know me, you know I love healthy eating and eating clean. So I had set a challenge for myself that I would start being vegan. Now hold on to your judgement about vegans not having enough protein and too many carbs. A person can be a non-vegan but still consuming too much carbohydrate and too less protein. So it's all about balancing. If you know me, I love fish and salmon and seafood and eggs so it is definitely hard to cut them all out but I am taking little steps at a time.

Here are some list of Vegan Verified foods:

Protein
Tofu
Beans
Seeds
Nuts
Lentils
Kale
Edamame

Calcium
Sunflower seeds
Sesame seeds
Soybean
Chickpeas
Tofu
Flaxseeds
Kale
Broccoli
Figs
Orange
Okra
Almonds

Iron
Kidney beans
Quinoa
Lentils
Pinto beans

And of course being vegan means unlimited about of vegetables and fruits !

What I recommend is if you still love meat and seafood then be a semi vegan. What is semi-vegan? It is being vegan most of the time but you still have exceptions and spaces to breathe. Lets say you are being vegan for breakfast and lunch but for dinner you are spending time with your family so make an exception to have some kind of non vegan food in small about. Or maybe you have been vegan for two to three days and then then you crave some omelette or salmon, I'll say, go a head.  Healthy eating is not a restriction and it definitely isn't a punishment so don't feel like you are lock up with this diet or this healthy eating lifestyle. Have fun, play around with variety of food during your healthy eating lifestyle but don't restrict yourself too much because being healthy is a journey not a destination.

hugs and kisses.

No comments :

Post a Comment