Sunday 6 December 2015

Salsa and Moles Review



Salsa and Moles

I was not a big salsa person until I tried Whole Food's salsa and oh man I was missing out for 19 years ! I saw this book and had to get it.

The salsa recipes are all very simple and the ingredients can be found at any grocery store.


I like my salsa hot so here is one of the recipe in the book that I am dying to try.



Chile Guero Salsa

6 large guero chili
4 medium tomatoes
2 large cloves of garlic
1/4 cups water
1 tsp salt

Heat level : 5
There was 7 and 8 heat levels but 5 was the furthest I can go.

Now there was on salsa that stood out to me and it is a peanut salsa? I love peanuts, they are my guilty pleasure but having them with my new found love, salsa? I had to try it.





Peanut and Chile de Arbol Salsa

5 tbsp + 1 tsp olive oil
1/4 cups skinned raw peanuts
6 chiles de Arbol, stemmed, seeded and broken into 1/2 inch pieces
1 tbsp raw sesame seed (I actually toasted mine)
 2 large cloves of garlic, finely chopped
1/2 tsp sea salt




This book is very interesting and did in fact inspired me to make more salsa. However, I do love a good cookbook with pictures. I feel that this book lack of that. It would be great to have some visual aid of what the salsa will look like.





hugs and kisses


No comments :

Post a Comment